Wheel hubs have complex geometries. They present a challenge for testing material surfaces for cracks. However, a combination of traversing and rotating eddy current probes allows a 100% crack test of the external contour. Economic and optimal testing of wheel hubs is therefore also possible.
To optimize cycle time, the production-integrated 100% testing of wheel hubs is carried out in a tandem testing station with two parallel workpiece mounts. While the wheel hub is being tested in testing station one, mounting station two is loaded and unloaded.
The benefits to you at a glance
- Testing of the complete external contour with NC-controlled eddy current probes
- Combined use of traversing and rotating eddy current probes
- Tandem test system with two testing stations arranged in parallel
- Test performance approx. 240 parts per hour
- Automatic sorting into two groups "OK" and "NOK" with optional display of the defective test zone
- Documentation of the results